Freedom From Credit Card Debt!!!


I made my last lump sum payment of $819.63 to my Chase Mastercard!!! It feels sooo good to be free of credit card debt! I just need a moment to take that in.....*Exhales*. Now, I'm not one of those people who despise credit cards and preaches how they are evil. I have always known that credit cards are DEBT and MUST be repaid. Therefore, I have always used them responsibly--even when I did carry a small balance here and there. After completely paying my cards of, though, I have a completely different feeling about carrying a balance--I will NEVER do it again. And to ensure I never carry another balance, I'm only going to use my American Express Optima (no annual fee) to ensure that I pay the balance each month. Being free from credit card debt is a WONDERFUL feeling....

On the issue of the doctor's bill...It turns out I did have a credit in the amount of $1100.00. But instead of being transferred to the physician's bill to pay down that balance--which is a little over $1,700.00--only $700.00 can be transferred because my doctor's bill has increased to $400.00 to pay for my first follow up visit after my surgery. So, after the $700.00 transfer, I will owe approximately $1000.00 to the physician. That wouldn't be so bad...but, of course, there's always a catch. My initial follow up doctor's appointment was to test my thyroid levels because now I'm on complete thyroid hormone replacement. I was originally prescirbed 125mg of Synthroid (thyroid hormone), but upon receiving the results of my blood test, it was determined that my thyroid levels were too high. As a result, my medication has been reduced to 1000mg. I have another doctor's appointment on August 18th, for yet another blood test to determine if 100mg is the correct dosage. At approximately $400 a test--after insurance payment--this could get expensive. Of course, I'm praying 100mg is the magic number. After my second follow up doctor's visit and subsequent blood test, my total medical bill will be approximately $1,400.00.

Once the medical bills are paid, the only other debt I will have, besides my mortgage, is my student loan balance owed to Sallie Mae to the tune of $5,526.49. The plan is to have both bills paid off by the end of the year *Keeping fingers crossed and sending a silent prayer that I can make my goal and be debt free by the end of the year*.

16 Comments:

  1. Rhitter94 said...
    YM - that is so awesome! You are truly an inspiration to us out here still in credit card debt. Way to go!
    Serendipity said...
    Woohoo! Go you!
    Willow said...
    Cognratulations to you! I remember the day we paid off everything. We too determined we'd NEVER go in to debt again!
    me in millions said...
    Congrats on this big accomplishment! You go girl!
    Goose and Gillian said...
    Way to go!!! To not have the credit cards hanging out there must be a great feeling. Good luck on the Medical bills. You are doing a great job! Can't wait to see your progress to being debt free!
    Everyday Tips said...
    You are doing a great job. I still remember how great I felt when I paid my student loans off, and that was 14 years ago.

    I am keeping my fingers crossed for your goal to be all paid off by the end of the year. What an accomplishment that will be!
    Pretty Unfamous said...
    Congrats!! I'll have my credit cards paid off this month, and I'm super excited about that too. But my student loan debt is a little crazier that yours, still.... Ugh...
    Divine and Debt Free said...
    Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you keep it going I am cheering for you!
    Cash Only Living said...
    Great job!!! I'm sure you will get the rest of your debt paid off super fast. Congrats!
    The Asian Pear said...
    yay. congrats!
    Nicole said...
    Congrats! Keep trucking!
    Betty Jo said...
    Congratulations! I know how wonderful that feels. You are truly an inspiration. I wish you the very best in paying off the remaining debt. I feel confident that you will meet your goal!!
    Young Mogul said...
    Thanks for all of the encouragement and kind words, ladies!

    I'm steadily trekking along trying to meet my goal by the end of the year.
    Anonymous said...
    Woohoo! What a sense of freedom you must have! Keep that momentum up and all your other bills will go away too. Nice work!!!!
    debt arbitration said...
    That was great!:)
    FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...
    Congratulations!

Post a Comment